Volunteering with the GSP
Volunteering with the Green Seattle Partnership is a great way to give back to your community, get outside, and improve the health of a local park. Everyone can help keep our forested parks healthy and green! No experience necessary. Find a community event at the map and calendar linked below. Questions? Please email us at email@example.com.
Find a Volunteer Event Near You
What to Expect
The COVID-19 Pandemic requires us to do our part to keep our communities safe. Please consider the following requirements as you prepare to volunteer with GSP. Here are the full GSP COVID-19 guidelines.
- Be Vaccinated: Participants, 12 years and above, are required to be vaccinated to participate in volunteer events. As most volunteer events are not staffed with City employees we are asking participants for voluntary compliance.
- Masking is not required: Although not required, we continue to encourage all participants to arrive wearing a face covering, and keep it on during event introductions, when assisting other participants with tasks, during clean up and in any other scenario where 6-foot distancing cannot be maintained. Masks may be removed during work activities where participants are spread out and able to maintain at least 6-foot distancing.
- Come Symptom Free: Please do not attend the event if you have been experiencing any of the following symptoms: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of smell or taste or if anyone in your household is suspected or diagnosed with COVID-19.
We look forward to stewarding Seattle’s forests with you soon. Here are a couple more tips as you prepare to join us:
- Come Ready: When you attend an event, you’ll get all the training you need when you arrive! If you’re curious about the kinds of activities you might be doing, or if you just want to prepare yourself, you can check videos on our YouTube channel on topics like planting and removing ivy and blackberry.
- Event Details: Look for more information on what to wear, where to meet, and other common questions in the event posting, or reach out to the event host. Contact information can be found in the event link on the calendar or map at: https://seattle.greencitypartnerships.org/event/map/.
- Learn More!: Explore the world of the Green Seattle Partnership at our blog, on social media, or by signing up for our monthly online newsletter, all linked below.
Connect with Us